Practice Written Task 1 Review

I really struggled with my first practice written task for IB English. I'm never really good with timed writing but I was not even able to write two complete paragraphs for this assignment. Maybe it was because it was my first time practicing writing for the IB under a time limit or I was just having a hard time coming up with ideas. Regardless, I know I can do better, and I plan to. In the written task, I planned to write a paragraph about the cartoon (Text 1), then a paragraph about the written text (Text 2) and finally a paragraph comparing the two. This was not a good method. I was struggling for ideas that were not repetitive and should have started to compare the texts in an introductory paragraph and then discuss the different themes in both texts.
I'm a very visual person, I enjoy analyzing cartoons and other art. What I need to practice is being able to take the ideas and symbolism I see in the cartoon and try to find them in the written text. This will help me find the independent themes and ideas in the text. The next practice timed-writing I will do better on because I now know what I should do first and last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Julie

What is Happiness

GAP Ads